× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 dropping PS/4 connection

burge
Aspirant

RBR20 dropping PS/4 connection

I have a RBR20 Orbi with an RBR30 satellite. We have two PS/4s in the house. One connects to the RBR20, the other to the RBR30. The one connected to the RBR30 consistently drops the connection during game play. The RBR20 connection is fine. If we move the one on RBR30 to the RBR20 it also plays without dropping the connection. So there is something about the RBR30 connection that I don't know what it is. Reading the posts here, I have the following firmware running:

RouterRBR20RBR20V2.6.1.36 
SatelliteRBW30Orbi Satellite-1V2.6.1.6

I tried using Wireshark to see if I could figure out what is going on, but nothing jumped out at me, and I'm not really sure what I'm looking for in it. Does anyone have any troubleshooting advise here? I'm about to ditch Netgear and buy something else to solve this problem.

Oh, there are about ~40 devices that connect in the house. From what I've read in the docs, for high gaming we should keep this under 50. There's about 12 lightbulbs so I can't believe that would be an issue.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
burge
Aspirant

Re: RBR20 dropping PS/4 connection

More info: I have an xfinity modem where I shut off all the wifi to it. I have the orbi set up in access point mode (switched over to see if it would work better, no change). 

I'm broadcasting both 2.4 & 5Gz networks. I have WMM enabled. Enable Daisy-Change Topology is checked. 

Implicit beamforming - checked

MU-MIMO - checked

Fast Roaming - checked.

Message 2 of 3
burge
Aspirant

Re: RBR20 dropping PS/4 connection

Separated the guest network out to 2.4. Dropped the 2.4 Gz network to transmit at 50%. Seems more stable, but connections still drop.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7