Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR20 won’t update

GN100
Follower

RBR20 won’t update

I have an RBR20 that fails to update. I do the updates check, always fail. I'm on v2.3.5.26AU .... any ideas how I can update ..... have got emails prompting me to update for security updates, but can't!

Message 1 of 3
Zilla15
Aspirant

Re: RBR20 won’t update

I use the app to access
Was Having same problem was unable to update to the version v2.3.5.30 finally gave up.
Just received another email on 3/14/20 advising about another update version v2.3.36 same thing was unable update.
I have been having issues for the past months of constantly having to reboot the router last night I noticed the update notice for the first time and was able to update to the v2.2.30 but not the most recent version talk about fustrating . I’m just glad I bought this at Costco if I don’t see this update soon I’ll be returning it.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RBR20 won’t update

Hi GN100,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting back to you immediately due to the back log in the system. Are you still having problem updating the firmware of your RBR20 router? How about your Orbi satellite? The latest firmware for RBR20 is 2.5.1.16 https://kb.netgear.com/000061826/RBR20-RBS20-Firmware-Version-2-5-1-16. If still having the same issue please try to reset the settings to factory default and see if the is still there. If yes then we will try to manually update the firmware.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,
Oliver
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7