× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR40 Satellites desync daily

justanotherdad
Follower

RBR40 Satellites desync daily

I have an RBR40 with two satellites. This system is about 2.5 years old (purchased July 2018) and worked great for the first 2 years. For the past few months however, I've had to reboot the router more and more often. It's now basically daily.

The Problem: About once every 24 hours the lights on both satellites turn magenta and never recover. The base station's light is not magenta. Connecting to the network yields no internet, even if I unplug the satellites and only connect to the base station.

Most searches yielded topics similar to this one: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Have-to-keep-rebooting-my-RBR50/td-p/1502499

What I've tried:

None of these changes have negatively impacted my speeds as some users reported.

I'm at a loss for next steps really, is it just time to replace this system? Seems like a system like this should last more than 2 years but since Netgear doesn't support their products I don't have many options. I'm not going to pay for their support which is essentially the same price as a new router.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7