× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 flashing white

rreveley
Follower

RBR50 flashing white

It's a classic tale. The top ring on my RBR50 started flashing white forever. The power button is solid green.

So far, when I hold a pin in the reset button then the power light goes solid green, flashes red 6 times and then goes solid green again. Holding it down for any longer doesn't make any difference. As a result it seems that I can't wait for it to flash 10 times like it says on the tftp instructions. This is the biggest mystery to me as I've never seen anyone mention that factory reset itself can't be done.

When I try to use tftp to flash the firmware I just get timeout occurred / connect request failed. I've hard coded my ip to 192.1678.1.10 / etc. I can't tell if there's any IP address on the ports on the back of the router and as a result it may be that I'm trying to push the firmware to the wrong IP.

If I try to use nmrpflash -L it just says PacketGetAdapterNames:The system cannot find the path specified.

I checked the power supply and it says it is providing the proper 3.5A, in any case I'm almost certain it's the original.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7