Re: RBR50 not connecting to internet. Keeps saying Ethernet not plugged in.

KF1524
Aspirant

RBR50 not connecting to internet. Keeps saying Ethernet not plugged in.

I have the ORBI RBR50. Setup with my Comcast Router (Cisco DPC3941T).  It was working fine and then stopped working. 

I did a factory reset as I read online.  I followed exact instructions and it gets to the end and says to check the ethernet cord.  It won't let me pass this part.  It is plugged in to the ORBI and the Cisco router and the wire works.  

Anyone have this same issue?  I need it to work for remote school and remote work. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Stev3D
Luminary

@KF1524 , at the risk of stating something you have already considered, it may not be the router at all.  It may be the cable modem -- or the Ethernet wire that connects them.  Try re-seating both ends of the Ethernet wire and power-cycling (unplug, count to then, plug back in) the cable modem.  Does the problem persist?

Message 2 of 4
KF1524
Aspirant

This did not work unfortunately. 

Message 3 of 4
Stev3D
Luminary

Troubleshooting, phase 2:

There are indicator lights on most cable modems, and one of the lights indicates the state of the Ethernet connection to the router.  You may need to refer to the owners' manual for the modem to know what "good" looks like.  Does the cable modem think things are good?

Troubleshooting, phase 3:

Can you replace the Ethernet cable between the two devices with one that is known to be good?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E