Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Highlighted

ReadyCloud Account Username

Hi Chaps,

So I've finally managed to get my new router up and running the way I wanted (which was a long and arduous task). I'm now in the process of hopefully setting up ReadyCLOUD for the USB HDD I have connected to my router. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how, and it appears to be a problem that has plagued ReadyCLOUD for a while now (based on long and unresolved message board threads from the last two years relating to the same problem).

In order to register my router with ReadyCLOUD, I'm being asked to put in a ReadyCLOUD username and password. However, I don't have either of those, and I can't feasibly see how it's possible to start one as all the links direct you to starting a Netgear Account (with ReadyCLOUD attached?). I already have Netgear Account (which is apparently affiliated with ReadyCLOUD) but none of login credentials are working with the ReadyCLOUD page on my router's GUI interface. The Netgear support pages for this are an absolute disaster and make what I assume should be a fairly easy process, unneccessarily difficult.

I've updated my router's firmware to the most recent iteration as well as tried creating multiple different Netgear accounts in pursuit of a coveted ReadyCLOUD username/account. 

If anyone has recently, succesfully created a ReadyCLOUD account or set up ReadyCLOUD on their USB enabled router - please tell me how because I'm at an infuriating loss.

All the best,

Thom

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 18
Highlighted

Re: ReadyCloud Account Username

Have you created a MyNetgear account? Is that what you mean by "Netgear Account"? Or is that what you use to get here? (It isn't the same.)

You have been through all this?

ReadyCLOUD

ReadyCLOUD FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 18
Highlighted

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately I've already been through that FAQ. I've created multiple MyNetgear accounts at this point - none of which appear to work.

I don't understand where I'm meant to have set up a username or password. When setting up a MyNetgear account, I'm never given the option to create a username, and yet my router wants my ReadyCLOUD username. The only thing I can think of, is the email address I used to create a MyNetgear account with, however this does not work.

Cheers,

Thom

Message 3 of 18
Highlighted

@Corbishley wrote:

I don't understand where I'm meant to have set up a username or password. When setting up a MyNetgear account, I'm never given the option to create a username...

You can't create a MyNetgear account without establishing a username and password.

How do you login at MyNetgear?

my.netgear.com

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 18
Highlighted

Hi Michael,

I log into MyNetgear with an email address and password - I've rooted through all the settings/profiles/accounts pages and found nothing to do with a username - the closest I found was a customer number, which also doesn't work when trying to register ReadCLOUD on the router.

Cheers,

Thom

Message 5 of 18
Highlighted

In many of these systems, the email address is the username.

Apart from local access to the router, that is the case with all of my Netgear logins.

Just another user.

Message 6 of 18
Highlighted
Guru

Use the email address as the username - for ReadyCloud, for my.netgear.com, for community.netgear.com, ...

Curious if you ae using "exotic" chars in your various email addresses and/or the password. Start with a..z, A..Z, 0..9, ., - ....

Can you sign-in on https://readycloud.netgear.com/ using the MyNetgear account (email as username again)?

Message 7 of 18
Highlighted

Hey @schumaku,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've tried to log in using the email as the username and unfortunately that doesn't work. With regards to my email and password - it's all alphabetical or numerical, no 'exoctic' characters. 

I'm able to log into the ReadyCLOUD website with my email and password but it simply informs me that I don't have any ReadyCLOUD devices register (which is true because I'm unable to register my router with my email and password through the router GUI interface).

The specific error code I get on the ruiter GUI interface/ReadyCLOUD page (on the router) when I type in my MyNetgear account details are:

"Registration failed. Please check your user name and password and try again."

Any more thoughts on the subject? If not - how do I communicate this problem to Netgear?

Cheers,

Thom

Message 8 of 18
Highlighted

@Corbishley wrote:

I'm able to log into the ReadyCLOUD website with my email and password but it simply informs me that I don't have any ReadyCLOUD devices register (which is true because I'm unable to register my router with my email and password through the router GUI interface).

We seem to have made some progress. We now know that you can access ReadyCloud. This means that you have a ReadyCloud account. which is where we came in.

Now we need to work out where it is going wrong in registering your router with ReadyCloud.

This time I'll point you to the manual. There is a manual for the R6400 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> R6400 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

See page 91. 

You already have a ReadyCloud account (see above), so you have the username and password you need for the box in step 7.

Is this where it falls over for you?

Just another user.

Message 9 of 18
Highlighted

Hi @michaelkenward,

Yeah, this is the exact point I get to. It always rejects my email (username) and password and presents me with the error response I mentioned in a previous post.

Cheers,

Thom

Message 10 of 18
Highlighted
Initiate

I am having the same issue. Do you resolve the problem already?

Message 11 of 18
Highlighted
Initiate

I still have the same issue. I went through the whole FAQ and countless forums, still no luck. I created so many accounts just to test it, still none of them are working. haha this is ridiculous. I went to the cloud page to try to recover my user name, got the same error message "ReadyCLOUD does not have a user ID with the email address you entered." on all accounts. All accounts I created are working fine when accessing NETGEAR COMMUNITY and stuff.

uselessnetgear2.jpg

Model: R6400v2|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router—802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 12 of 18
Highlighted

@proadscloudy wrote:

All accounts I created are working fine when accessing NETGEAR COMMUNITY and stuff.

The username and passwords details for the Netgear community, are not the same as those for these other services.

Can you get into mynetgear.com?

Just another user.

Message 13 of 18
Highlighted
Initiate

Yes, I can access it fine. It shows my product info and stuff. I can recover my password, but i can't recover my user name. How do I find out what my user name is? 

Model: R6400v2|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router—802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 14 of 18
Highlighted

@proadscloudy wrote:

Yes, I can access it fine. It shows my product info and stuff. I can recover my password, but i can't recover my user name. How do I find out what my user name is? 

Did you read all the way through the three-month old conversation you have joined?

As @schumaku confirms, the username is the email address.

We have no idea how you have set up, if you have the desktop client installed or how you are trying to get at ReadyCloud.

I wonder if you have the same problem as @Corbishley and @gguerreropc – unlike them, you have got your router registered on MyNetgear – or if it would be better for you to start from scratch with a new conversation that someone from Netgear might pick up on.

Just another user.

Message 15 of 18
Highlighted
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

The username and passwords details for the Netgear community, are not the same as those for these other services.

Disagree. Actively used standalone ReadyCloud accounts were forced to migrate towards the MyNETGEAR Account Single-Sign-On system workable for ReadyCloud, Netgear Community, Arlo, ... . The migration option - in case it's still required for user having not used their ReadyCloud accounts for a longer time - is still available.

As the username is the same like the email address it's obviously hard to recover of you don't remember the email address - hard to claim it's "useless". Have checked your email accounts for messages sent out confirmations from e.g. product and/or MyNETGEAR account registrations? Potentially, the MyNETGEAR accounts need to be confirmed by following a link before these can be used for certain purposes.

Note: Only the legacy ReadyCloud account made use of a username and a password, with the username different from the email address. That's why there is a username recovery option (along with the forgot password) beyond of the point where one would have to login using the legacy ReadyCloud account - this is what confused you. For the MyNETGEAR account, there can't be any recovery for a "lost username" obviously.

Message 16 of 18
Highlighted

@schumaku wrote:

@michaelkenward wrote:

Disagree. Actively used standalone ReadyCloud accounts were forced to migrate towards the MyNETGEAR Account Single-Sign-On system workable for ReadyCloud, Netgear Community, Arlo, ... . The migration option - in case it's still required for user having not used their ReadyCloud accounts for a longer time - is still available.

I can assure you that the login details that I use to get to this community have nothing to do with my login details for MyNetgear. I even have different login details for the Netgear Beta site.

It is easy to see why you got confused. Netgear has created many different login regimes over the years. It seems to be trying to rationalise this. But I repeat, login  details for the Netgear community have nothing to do with login details for MyNetgear.

I like that arrangement. I would rather not use the same email address in both places.

I repeat, users are not forced to use the same login credentials for the Community and MyNetgear. That is why it is important to warn people that, unless they have set it up that way,  the password they use to get into this place probably has nothing to do with the password they use to control their hardware.

Just another user.

Message 17 of 18
Highlighted
Guru

Well Michael, in case you don't use the same unique identifier (read: email address) you have indeed two different accounts for MYNETGEAR/ReadyCloud vs. the NETGEAR Community. So that's a complete different story then - bolding the wrong and misleading information does not make it any better. Both are hosted and maintained by the MyNETGEAR Single-Sign-On system however.

For the same username/ID (email address), the NETGEAR Community, MyNETGEAR, ReadyCloud, Genie App Remote Access, Nighthawk App Remote Acess, ... does make use of the very same password. Logout from the community, and create a new account via the community page - you will receive confirmation emails for MyNETGEAR and NETGEAR Support.

The other way round, when you register on MyNETGEAR first, and access the NETGEAR Community for the first time, following the MyNETGEAR (== NETGEAR Account, == Arlo Account) it will ask you for the visual community username and the time zone to adjust the display ie. the posts date/time. This username can't be used for the login, here it's the SaaS platform creating confusion, it's just a visual username. Again, anything beyond is taken from the MyNETGEAR Single-Sign-On - specifically the username/Email address and password. 

NETGEAR Account instead of MyNetgear Account.PNG

Confusing is that the NETGEAR Community login (and registration and so on) pages talk of Arlo Account and NETGEAR Account instead of the MyNETGEAR Account ... @ChristineT please kindly adjust this ASAP with the next update. If experienced users like us here are struggling and fail to get the bigger picture, several things must be wrong. 

ReadyCloud MyNETGEAR Account Login.PNG

The Centercode hosted NTGR SMB Beta and NTGR Beta are still using dedicated standalone authentication and are not integrated with the MyNETGEAR single-sign-on. The same applies to some of the consumer wireless extenders which required a dedicated username, different from admin, during the installation.

Message 18 of 18