× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCould not accepting MyNetGear login credentials

rhhendrickson
Aspirant

ReadyCould not accepting MyNetGear login credentials

ReadyCloud not registering R6400 claims bad user name and password even though I'm logged into the ReadyCloud portal with my NetGear credentials. I never setup a ReadyCloud account and the current firmware, V1.0.1.36_1.0.25, requests a username. I enter the email addressed used for logging into myNetGear account which works with the ReadyCloud portal login. What's missing from this exciting consolidation? /rant Since I'm long past my free 90 support window and the issue is NetGear's perhaps they should accept emails when they are having an issue instead of the customer having to pay them to alert them to issues! /rant

It seems this might not be an issue this great community can solve but perhaps a NetGear employed community moderator might happenstacne upon it and they will resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Rick

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router,R6400v2|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router—802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
rhhendrickson
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCould not accepting MyNetGear login credentials

Support took my call without charge and figured out it was a firmware issue which I was told would be corrected in the next interation.

View solution in original post

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4

All Replies

It seems this might not be an issue this great community can solve .....

You never know.

But before anyone can help they'll need to know what you are doing and where it goes wrong.

You have installed the ReadyShare app and its fails?

Oh, and what hardware do you have? Your footer lists both the R6400 and R6400v2.

Message 2 of 4
rhhendrickson
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCloud not accepting MyNetGear login credentials

Thank you, Michael. It is just vanilla R6400 with the latest firmware update. I have not installed the app as I don't intend to backup my PC to it.  After logging into my online MyNetGear account; the instructions direct one to go to the Advanced tab\USB\ReadyCloud page in the router interface. Once there to register the device one is presented with a pop up containing two fields; UserName and PassWord. As I never had a ReadyCloud account but just a MyNetGear account the only username I have is the email address with which I registered on MyNetGear. Thus, it appears, without a ReadyCloud 'username' the device registration process fails. My usage intent is to share with my extended family the 8,000 photos\slides\negatives I'm in the midst of scanning.

Thanks for any insights you might provide.

-Rick
Message 3 of 4
rhhendrickson
Aspirant

Support took my call without charge and figured out it was a firmware issue which I was told would be corrected in the next interation.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7