× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNASRND2000 not beng discovered on ready cloud

alfie98
Follower

ReadyNASRND2000 not beng discovered on ready cloud

hi 

in need of some desperate help before i get the hammer out and smash my nas to bits.

ive purchased a second hand ReadyNASRND2000 and after some issues that netgear solved i still cant discovery the duo every with holding the back up button down for 5 seconds, also buy entering the serial number. netgear anit really that much help. anyone had issue or have this model. firmware is 4.1.16 which as far as i can see it is up to date.

cheers 

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNASRND2000 not beng discovered on ready cloud

ReadyCloud only works with an OS-6 NAS (which runs 6.x firmware) - it's not compatible with your legacy NAS.

Note the older ReadyNAS Remote service is no longer running, so there's no point in enabling that in the services->installed add-ons for your NAS.

FWIW, Netgear stopped production on your Duo back in 2011.  They provided maintenance firmware updates until 2017 (mostly security updates), but they didn't add new features like ReadyCloud. 

You can still use the NAS on your local network (though you will need to enable the SMB 1 client if you use Windows 10).  The safest way for you to access it remotely would be to use a VPN.  Many routers (including Netgear's Nighthawk and Orbi) have support for openVPN built in.

BTW, one limitation of your NAS is that it doesn't support disks larger than 2 TB.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements