× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadySHARE USB Printer broken after updating to OSX 10.14 Mojave

nordman
Tutor

ReadySHARE USB Printer broken after updating to OSX 10.14 Mojave

I upgraded my macbook pro to OSX 10.14 Mojave and now I can't get Readyshare USB Printer to work. I keep getting the same error that it could not complete installation. It previously worked on 10.13. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. I'm using the latest version 2.40. The printer works when plugged in and doesn't need updated drivers. Is there an updated Readyshare USB Printer app for use with 10.14? Has anyone gotten Readyshare USB Printer to work with 10.14?  Thanks.

Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 1 of 24

Accepted Solutions
Hapt
Initiate

Hi community,

I have had the same porblem but get it solved yesterday. In the web I have found following:

"Fixed it by:

1. Uninstall the Control Center app

2. Mac System Preferences > Printers&Scanners > Reset Print System (remove your printer by pressing the "-")

3. Reboot

Now Mac OS Mojave (Mac System Preferences > Printers&Scanners >"+") recognizes printer networked through Netgear router.

It works.

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 24

All Replies
bobbycee70
Tutor

Same problem here

Message 2 of 24
nordman
Tutor

Here's is the error I get.

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 7.42.26 PM.png

Message 3 of 24
schumaku
Guru

@Christian_R @ChristineT please. Apple as well as Microsoft offer early access to developer or preview versions of new OS. Beyond me on why Netgear QA is unable to maintain a test cycle potentially triggering their engineering to address things  in time - before the new OS are released to the public. This is also a job for the product manager. But of course, I've sent them all to Tasmania before. 8-/

Message 4 of 24
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @nordman & @bobbycee70

Please send me a PM with your contact info for further assistance.

~Christian 

Message 5 of 24
Jonathan42
Initiate

Same problem after the Mojave update!

Model: R7300DST|AC1900 DST Router and DST Adapter
Message 6 of 24
agpot
Initiate

Same problem. Can you post the solution here as soon as it's available?

Message 7 of 24

I am having this same problem.  Will NetGear be updating the ReadySHARE printer utility for macOS 10.14?

Version 2.40 of the utility was the fix for macOS 10.13 and it was very late.

Thanks.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 8 of 24
nordman
Tutor

The "tech support" person that called kept saying over and over, "we have people who say ReadySHARE USB works with 10.14." I kept saying that it doesn't, and no one else has had this experience. Just worthless "support". Last Netgear product I'll ever buy

Message 9 of 24

@nordman wrote:

The "tech support" person that called kept saying over and over, "we have people who say ReadySHARE USB works with 10.14." I kept saying that it doesn't....

Before you rush to dismiss what support says, do you have independent evidence that other users cannot get it to work?

It may be that you have some sort of local problem.

Message 10 of 24
krischii
Initiate

Betreff: ReadySHARE USB Printer broken after updating to OSX 10.14 Mojave

Same problem here: the Netgear USB control center not working anymore after the  osx mojave update.

I would be very grateful, if the Mojave update would come along in a short time...

Thank you

Message 11 of 24

Betreff: ReadySHARE USB Printer broken after updating to OSX 10.14 Mojave

@krischii wrote:

I would be very grateful, if the Mojave update would come along in a short time...

Apple broke stuff. Shouldn't it fix it?

Message 12 of 24
stephenx
Tutor

same problem here, ever since the update to 10.14 mojav on my 2016mbp, the printer couldn't be connected as it used to be. Looking up a little bit and find out this might be caused by the imcompatibility between readyshare 2.40 and mojave.

So disappointed. Tech guys should really look into this.

Message 13 of 24
stephenx
Tutor

same problem here, ever since the update to 10.14 mojav on my 2016mbp, the printer couldn't be connected as it used to be. Looking up a little bit and find out this might be caused by the imcompatibility between readyshare 2.40 and mojave.

So disappointed. Tech guys should really look into this.

Message 14 of 24

@stephenx wrote:
Tech guys should really look into this.

Which tech guys do you have in mind? Apple? They broke it. Have you asked them to fix things?

Apple is famously tight lipped and closed in its technology. If it keeps things secret, then there isn't much that other companies can do.

Message 15 of 24
nordman
Tutor

Actually no they release beta versions of all their software to developers. Netgear just never checks compatability and didn't release compatible software until months later last time. Any other reputable tech company would have a fix ready to role out with the release of major operating system.

Message 16 of 24
bluzfanmr1
Tutor

Same thing happened with High Sierra (lots of forum posts on here).  It took forever for Netgear to update the USB Control Center software.

Message 17 of 24
DekWatson
Aspirant

Same issue here, just setup Orbi network and then added printer... 

Message 18 of 24
phazei
Initiate

Same here Smiley Mad

Message 19 of 24
Hapt
Initiate

Hi community,

I have had the same porblem but get it solved yesterday. In the web I have found following:

"Fixed it by:

1. Uninstall the Control Center app

2. Mac System Preferences > Printers&Scanners > Reset Print System (remove your printer by pressing the "-")

3. Reboot

Now Mac OS Mojave (Mac System Preferences > Printers&Scanners >"+") recognizes printer networked through Netgear router.

It works.

Message 20 of 24
bluzfanmr1
Tutor

This does NOT work unless the printer is connected to the Mac, hence defeating the purpose of using the usb connection on the router via the USB Control Center.

Message 21 of 24

The ReadyShare utility is not needed to connect to the printer via WiFi.  However the utility is needed for scanning, opening the manufacturer's printer utility, and maybe more.

This method has always worked for me with Mac OSX and now MacOS.  I uses "Bonjour" and each print request is a bit slow to get going.  But it works for printing.

The problem I have is that the Scan function seems to be unavailable and the manufacturer's printer utility can't connect to the printer.

The Netgear ReadyShare Printer Utility solved these problems.

In my experience, it takes a while for Netgear to update this utility after a new Mac OS version is released.

In the meantime I have to carry my laptop to the printer and plug it in to the USB port to scan or run tests, see ink levels, etc.

Message 22 of 24
mgrinersc
Initiate

I just swapped from the Airport Extreme 2TB to the R7000P AC2300 MU-MIMO router and everything has gone swimmingly up until trying to install the NetGear USB Control Center; I too am getting the dreaded "Installation Not Complete" error. I've done everything I can imagine to get it to install with no luck... I'm no stranger to tech, consumer or commercial networks, NAS, FTP, etc, and humbly consider myself a power user, but nothing is working for me. Even tried the suggested fix on this thread to cover all the bases - nada. 

Netgear, help me/us out. 

I am running 10.14.2 (18C54) Mojave on the "best" 15" MBP that can be bought from Apple. Also, Bonjour works flawlessly and will let me add the printer via the router on the LAN. For ovious reasons I can't get the AirPrint to function, and, of course, as mentioned above, the USB Control Center. 

Model: AC1450|Gigabit Smart WiFi router
Message 23 of 24
bluzfanmr1
Tutor

If you have an older printer that doesn't have wifi, you are hostage to the USB Control Center software.  Until it is updated for Mojave it won't work.  You will be waiting a long time because they are painfully slow in staying on top of this and the wait is unacceptably long.  It happened with High Sierra and now Mojave.

Your best bet is to do what I did.  Get a new printer with wifi and junk your Netgear stuff.  I'm in the tech field and I can honestly say I will never buy or recommend Netgear stuff to anyone going foward.  

Message 24 of 24
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 23 replies
  • 26 kudos
  • 15 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7