× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyShare Issues between C3700, Seagate Backup+ USB HDD, and Windows 10

tex_lyons
Follower

ReadyShare Issues between C3700, Seagate Backup+ USB HDD, and Windows 10

Okay ya'll, I'm REALLY banging my head against the wall here, and I'm hoping somebody in here may have some helpful insight.

I'm trying to set up a 4TB Seagate Backup+ USB drive (from the approved list of HDDs) to use as network drive with my C3700 modem/router (firmware is up-to-date). 

• Its currently partitioned into 3 separate volumes, all using NTFS.
  • When connected directly to my laptop (running the most recent update of Windows 10), I'm able to see all 3 partitions (E, F, and G), and the data that is on them.
  • When connected to my C3700, I am able to see the "computer" "Seagate" on my network, but when opened, it does not display the 3 partitions, but instead a "T-drive" and "USB Storage", and none of my data is visible on those drives.
  • Further, when I log in to my router, \\Seagate is visible, but it shows no network folders, and I am unable to create any either
  • Stranger still, under Advanced Setup>USB Settings, I have it set to "Enable any device connected to the USB port", but if I click on "Approved Devices", all 3 of my original partitions show up as both "Approved" and "Available"

What is going on here? Any tips/tricks/insights/solutions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7