Highlighted
Aspirant

Readyshare Permissions

Hi...I am having write issues with any USB drive I connect to my WNDR3700. When I connect I can see/play files via the Readyshare option, but whenever I try to create a new folder or add a new file to the USB drive via Readyshare, it gives me "You need permission to perform this action..." The USB drive file system is setup as Ext3 and I have no problem when I connect it directly to my PC. A final weird little twist to this issue, is it seems that I can delete a file on the USB drive via the Readyshare connection, but secionds later it magiucally returns.
All I want to do is add media to this USB drive without having to disconnect it from my WNDR3700 and connect to the PC each time. Thanks for any help.

snpperhd
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Readyshare Permissions

Ext3?

Mine is Z:

No permissions. Functions just like a regular drive.

-- Chuck
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Essentially it just means it was formatted in Linux OS. EXT3 is among the supported Readyshare file formats.
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Did you ever figure this out?
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

I am having the same problem with my ext3 partition using Readyshare. I can only write as root. My NTFS partition works fine, but I wanted to see if ext3 would resolve the transfer speed issues I am experiencing with Readyshare. (probably not, but I want to at least give it a try)
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements