Re: Readyshare USB - can't create new folders

ted_m_h
Aspirant

Readyshare USB - can't create new folders

Just installed a WNDR4500 and seems to work great, but I can't get the USB feature to work as I think it should. I've tried five different USB devices. Two wouldn't be recognized by the WDNR4500, Three were recognized. I can copy files to the USB drives from Windows PCs.
Problem is that I can't create or secure any folders on the USB drives. When I click the button to Create Network Folder, the screen blinks, but does nothing. The drives are all set to the default accesses: All no password, which I don't like--I want to secure my data on these drives.
What am I doing wrong here?
Message 1 of 7
billshih1975
Aspirant

what's the Broswer you use? perhaps you can try IE:)
Message 2 of 7
ted_m_h
Aspirant

Well, that did the trick. I use Chrome typically. When I logged on to the WNDR4500 with IE everything worked as the documentation said it should. Thanks very much for the helpful reply.
Message 3 of 7
kdow
Aspirant

I am using IE9 and cannot add folders. I see the folders in the tree on the last window but when I hit the OK button nothing happens.
Message 4 of 7
bit_twiddler
Aspirant

I just purchased a WNDR4500 and am having similar problems with different results. I can access the easyshare setup from Chrome, but I cannot add new folders using Chrome. If I switch to IE8, as soon as I select the easyshare buttons from the router homepage, my IE8 browser goes into this infinite loop of rapidly trying and retrying to render the page.
Message 5 of 7
Rhyalus
Apprentice

Check for browser pop up blocking. It is not so obvious in Chrome.

Now if someone could show me how to secure the shares with an account other than "admin" once they are created, I would be most appreciative. 🙂

R
Message 6 of 7
Richard6
Novice

Its really difficult in Chrome to easily realise the popups are turned off - and accepting popups is essential.

Once I actually changed the Chrome settings to accept popups from the router site edits/folders worked fine, but prior to that just endlessly circled as if the setting did not work.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E