× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reduced speed

MHM
Follower
Follower

Reduced speed

after the latest softare update 1.1.0.100 ive noticed that occasionally my wifi and wired speeds are slow especially the wifi (less than 10 mbps) and my wired speed is around 250-350 mbps. Before this my wired speed were around 900 mbps because i have a gigabit internet. Most of the time the wifi speed is at 40-60 mbps. Ive tried plugging my pc straight to the modem and got 900 mbps so idk if the update did something or the router is just capped at that normal speed for both wifi and wired. 

ive already rebooted the router after the update quite a few times.

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 2

Re: Reduced speed

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

You can reduce the hassle of reconfiguring all those settings by creating a backup of your settings before you reset. Then if something is still broken after the reset, and the new firmware has not fixed it, you can restore the device to its pre-reset state.

You could even try restoring the settings even if the new firmware has fixed the problems, but be prepared for the restore to also bring back your problems.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7