× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remote power reset

MRKERN
Aspirant

Remote power reset

Have Comcast modem & router

Located in house 200 miles away. Unattended

The router is used for monitoring all kinds of stuff in the house alarm water heating air-conditioning lights and that sort of thing. These are controlled by apps on cell phones 

Comcast router gets stuck or stalled.

router has the powered off to reset. No one is home

Is there any Netgear product that can reset itself ?

is there any Netgear router that will automatically detect that it’s stalled or hung up and go through a power reset by itself. 

or

what is the best current router for home business and of course game play.?

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Remote power reset

You have to be on site for any router to be able to reset it. 

One can install a power timer and schedule a time frame on when the connected router could be powered OFF and back ON. 

However if your having to reset or power cycle a wifi router, this means there is a problem that needs to be investigated and troubleshot to figure out the real problem as wifi routers are designed to be online constantly 24/7 and operate with out problems. 

Message 2 of 5
MRKERN
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick response.

I am an old electronic & telco guy

If I had a POT line, an answering machine and couple relay I could solve this problem.

NO app needed.

Thank you 

Message 3 of 5
wcalifas
Prodigy

you know I remember seeing a few years ago some timer thing with a plug was being sold so that your router could reset at night at a set time every day, not sure if they still sell these type of plug devices. 

Message 4 of 5
wcalifas
Prodigy

I see on amazon there's several ones they sell on their site.  Just write router reset timer.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7