× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Restart after Power failure.

ESV31
Follower

Restart after Power failure.

Hi;

I have tried to read a bit on these pages, but fail to find an answer to a problem I have.

My 6020 WiFi-router stops working after unwanted power failure, i.e. it does not seem to restart automaticly. Can that be right? Does the R6020 really need a manual restart?

Regards

ESV31

Model: R6020|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for General Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with older routers and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-general

Be sure to check the power adapter. Try a different power adapter with same volts and amps specs. 

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

the times we see issues is when the modem needs to be started in a certain order.

Some are more sensitive than others and need the modem started up for a couple minutes and then the router. 

Message 3 of 5

To add to what @plemans says, timing is important. You don't say what the modem is in front of the router, but that may be where the problem lies.

If this is slow to restart after a power cut, the router may get fed up of waiting and time out.

Your network needs to start in this sequence:

• Turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

PS Heaven only knows why anyone should advise you to take you question somewhere else. This is a generic phenomenon that has nothing to do with the type of router. Nighthawk, "general", Orbi, all of them behave the same. Telling you to "go away" just wastes everyone's time and may put off people who just want help. I apologise if you found that response to be as unfriendly as I do.

Message 4 of 5

@ESV31 wrote:

My 6020 WiFi-router stops working after unwanted power failure, i.e. it does not seem to restart automaticly. Can that be right? Does the R6020 really need a manual restart?

What do you mean by does not restart?

Does the router come on and not connet to the Internet? Or does it just sit there doing nothing, with no LEDs showing signs of action?

If it does come on, but fails to connect, then what does the modem, if there is one, do? Does it come on and connect?

I ask because some modems can take so long to get on line that the router times out while it sits there waiting.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7