Ring Door Bell Pro

Bgaz03
Aspirant

Ring Door Bell Pro

I have a Ring Door Bell Pro (model #):

88LP000CH000

- it keeps connecting to 5ghz - which is causing the RSSI to go up (the higher the number the worst the connection is within the app) - hence, bad reception on the doorbell. I would like to force the Ring Doorbell Pro to connect to 2.4ghz band on my ORBI RBR50. Is there a way to force it to connect to 2.4ghz, only? As you may or may not know, the SSID on the Orbi is one name and Orbi will switch from 2.4 to 5ghz depending on what it determines is the best band to connect for a specific device. So, in sum, is there any way to force a device to ONLY connect to one band (2.4 vs. 5ghz) ONLY? If so, this will resolve my issue as the Ring Doorbell Pro does NOT need 5ghz -- only needs like 2mpbs up/download. So, I want it to connect to Orbi on the 2.4ghz band and remain there! I don't want it on 5ghz at all. Thanks in advance, Brian

Message 1 of 5
Bossy
Aspirant

Re: Ring Door Bell Pro

I have the same issue.  Is there any resolution to this? 

Message 2 of 5
Bgaz03
Aspirant

Not that I am aware but would love to know. Anyone?
Message 3 of 5
jenkinsat
Tutor

Not sure if you stumbled on this, but easiest way is to seperate the SSIDs of the 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz bands so you can choose what devices connect to what bands.  I did it for speed's sake as my 2.4 band does not come close to reaching 150 Mbps internet speeds and it was frustrating when Orbi would not swtich to the 5 band.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/How-to-set-a-separate-SSID-for-the-5-GHz-network-on-your-Orbi/...

Message 4 of 5
wcalifas831
Prodigy

Is your 5ghz and 2.4ghz named with the same SSID and password? If so I suggest you change the 5ghz SSID name so it won't connect to that band and only the 2.4ghz.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E