× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router. Can't pull time from NTP SERVER because not connecting to network through WAN port!

Solarsails
Aspirant

Router. Can't pull time from NTP SERVER because not connecting to network through WAN port!

I don't want to use WAN port on inside segment of network. 

I'm so close to switching to dedicated ASUS or LINKSYS because Netgear is laming out on us.

Fix your simple firmware issues PLEASE!

ALTER FIRMWARE TO PULL NTP THROGH LAN!

Model: WNDR3400v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Router. Can't pull time from NTP SERVER because not connecting to network through WAN port!

Without the WAN port configured and connected, the usability as a router is a little bit hmmmmmmmm. These are consumer routers, intended to be used and deployed as documented.

Using the WNDR3400v2 as a pure wireless access point only probably - and it's configured accordingly?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: Router. Can't pull time from NTP SERVER because not connecting to network through WAN port!

Without the WAN port configured and connected, the usability as a router is a little bit hmmmmmmmm. These are consumer routers, intended to be used and deployed as documented.

Using the WNDR3400v2 as a pure wireless access point only probably - and it's configured accordingly?

Message 2 of 3
Solarsails
Aspirant

Yes, Configured as Access Point.  Its not such a terrible bug as I implied;  I suppose I should start writing my own firmware for as many netgear routers that I unbrick. This 3400v2 is a nice little, stable router (sometimes a little warm around the edges)  With a couple high gain external antennas I would think that it would perform fabulously)  Your point is well taken.  Thank you and I bid you good day.

Model: WNDR3400v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7