× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Cannot locate 5 G

MEEEESH
Follower

Router Cannot locate 5 G

Hello

My router was not connecting to 5G, it would not even light up and was not showing up on any of my devices as an option.    I shut down several times and rebooted (only holding the reboot for like 3 seconds).  That's as far as my knowledge went so I I called netgear support and they would not help without trying to have me purchse a support membership for $189 when I knew it was simple glitch that I could not seem to figure out. 

After doing my own research and NOT purchasing the support membership, do the following:

- shut down every electronic that is connected to your network (sonos, cable box, phones, laptops, printers etc.)  EVERYTHING.

- reboot (stick a pin in the button near all the cables in the back) and hold for 15- 20 seconds.  Don't just shut it off you must reboot it.

- Wait 5 mintues before turning the router back on.  Do not turn on any other device.  You shoud see the 5G flicker - begin to turn on each device and connect to the 5G option - it should show up on all your devices.

I hope this saves you $189!!~!

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Router Cannot locate 5 G

Hi MEEEESH,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. May we know what is the model of your Netgear device? When you say " My router was not connecting to 5G, did you mean the 5GHz LED of the router is not lit?" When did the issue start?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7