Router Firmware Update

the5thbeatle
Aspirant

Router Firmware Update

I have a Netgear30 router in my home.My Netgear Genie tells me I'm running Firmware Version V1.0.0.30, but I've downloaded and installed (twice!) the update 2.4.10. I've quit out of the Netgear Genie, but it continues to say I'm running Firmware Version V1.0.0.30.
Any idea how I can find out the version I'm running? The installer says the installation was successful.

Thank you for whatever help you can offer.

Message 1 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Router Firmware Update

Welcome to the community, @the5thbeatle

The firmware version of the router is different from the version that is used by the NETGEAR Genie.

Are you using a Macintosh computer? If yes, the latest Genie app for Mac is 2.4.10.

Now, your router firmware version can be verified by accessing the admin page and that's through www.routerlogin.net or see the instructions here.

Once you're in the admin page, firmware version is at the top right hand corner of the screen.

If you're trying to update the firmware of your router, you may follow instructions from this link.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 7
the5thbeatle
Aspirant

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am on a Mac, the routerlogin.net page says the router firmware version I have is V1.0.0.30NA, as I said in my origonal posting.

After doing some investigating, I found that firmware version 1.0.0.32 is the most recent update for my router. Maybe because my router is about a year old or so (model #WNR2500) the 2.4.10. update isn't available?  

I found this info at http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/#searchResults after doing a search for updates for my router's model number. Version 2.4.10 wasn't an update that was listed.

If you know differently, I'd love to hear where to find 2.4.10 for my WNR2500 router.

Message 3 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It looks like that you're trying to update the firmware of the router using Genie.

If the Genie is not letting you do the automatic update for your router, you can always update the firmware manually by accessing the admin page.

You may see the instructions here on how to do the manual upgrade here.

Regarding the Genie automatic update, I'll forward this to our engineering department as to why Genie app can't find the firmware update automatically.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 7
the5thbeatle
Aspirant

I found the update online at at http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/#searchResults after doing a search for updates for my router's model number. Version 2.4.10 wasn't an update that was listed. My Netgear Genie would not update for me. 

I know Version 2.4.10 exhists, but it wasn't listed an option for my WNR2500 routher at the online Netgear Download center,  version 1.0.0.32 was the newist update shown.  If version 2.4.10 something that should be avaiable to me, could you please send me a link?

Message 5 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The latest firmware for the router is 1.0.0.32.

The latest Genie app version for Mac computers is 2.4.10.

The Genie app version can be found when you open Genie and select "About" at the top right hand corner.

There's no need to update if you have the latest versions but if you're saying that your router is not updated, you may need to update it by following the instructions given previously.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 6 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@the5thbeatle The auto firmware update should now work. Our engineers have updated this.

Thank you!

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements