Router Log not showing all websites visited

mmes10
Aspirant

Router Log not showing all websites visited

I have a Netgear 6300 v1 router running firmware 1.0.2.80_1.0.59

I used to be able to see all of the websites visited in the logs but within the past year, I am only seeing some of the history. Specifically, nothing visited in private/incognito mode is showing up. I have checked the boxes for Keyword Blocking/Always and Services Blocking/Always. Also, the Schedule is set to block Every Day/All Day.

On the Logs tab, I have only checked Attempted Access to Allowed Sites and Attempted Access to Blocked Sites and Services but I’m not seeing much.

As I said above, I was seeing everything a few months ago but now I’m not.

Thoughts?

Model: R6300v1|Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Router - 802.11ac
Message 1 of 5
Cara22567
Tutor

Re: Router Log not showing all websites visited

Did you get an answer on this? I have the same issue.
Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 2 of 5
mmes10
Aspirant

Nope. Going to ditch Netgear soon for a router that tracks every site visited.
Model: R6300v2|AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit router
Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mmes10, does the issue persist (logs do not show up) even if you explicitly visit a blocked website? Have you tried rebooting the router?

Dexter

Message 4 of 5
Cara22567
Tutor

Yes and it's still not working. I am confused about this router to be honest. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use the Netgear live parental controls or OpenDNS through Netgear. The router manual is lacking on instructions for this. I saw in another post to mark the Netgear router sites and service blocked as always, do not load any websites or keywords and also select the first 2 boxes on the Logs tab and all websites visited would show up. This isn't working for me either. Thanks
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E