× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Login Problems

Panties
Follower

Router Login Problems

Hey community,

I'm having an issue logging into my router settings via the Netgear Genie app.

All my login details are correct but I get the message 'NETGEAR router is not found or is not supported. Also make sure the device is not connected to the guest network of the router and no IPv6 is enabled.'

I'm def not connected to the guest network so I'm really not sure what the problem is! I can access all the other tabs through the Genie app, I just can't log in to router settings.

Moved house recently so we have a new connection here but my computer was connecting fine to the router login at the old house.

Thank you!

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Router Login Problems

@Panties wrote:

I'm having an issue logging into my router settings via the Netgear Genie app.

You refer to the genie. This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are you using?

Your picture look likes the desktop software. (For the sake of your own privacy, you might like to investigate Alt+PrintScreen in Windows.) Just want to confirm that.

Is that with a wifi connection fro a PC? Can you access the modem/router with a wired connection and a browser?

@Panties wrote:

Moved house recently so we have a new connection here but my computer was connecting fine to the router login at the old house.

I suspect that this could be the issue. Your new Internet service will have a different connection to the Internet. When you move a modem/router from one pace to another, it usually helps to reset the device and set it up from  scratch in the new location. In this way it forgets any settings inherited from the old Internet service.

When you have set the thing up for the new location, you can always restore the wifi settings, SSID and passwords, to what they were before them move.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

DSL Modems & Routers

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7