× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router firmware .iso file is damaged. WNDR3700v1 — N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

Christ2
Aspirant

Router firmware .iso file is damaged. WNDR3700v1 — N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

So, i've noticed that my N600 Wireless dual band gigabit router has become quite slow. I checked website for firmware updates and downloaded the latest version. However when i unzip the file, it says that the .iso file is damaged. I tried downloading a third-party unzip application from microsoft store, however no different result. I then tried to download a later version than that but still, the .iso file was damaged. I tried all other versions and all seem to be damaged. What can be the cause to this? I have no virus on my computer. https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNDR3700v1.aspx#download here is where the firmware is. 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: Router firmware .iso file is damaged. WNDR3700v1 — N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

@Christ2 wrote:

I checked website for firmware updates and downloaded the latest version. However when i unzip the file, it says that the .iso file is damaged.

For a start, it should be a .img file. (Maybe WNDR3700-V1.0.16.98NA.img) Perhaps your PC is recognising it as a disk image.

It isn't a disk image. It is the firmware you need.

Read the bit in the manual Upgrading the Router Firmware and then the section Upgrading Manually to New Router Software. (It should say Firmware rather than Software.)

Or read this:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

@Christ2 wrote:

So, i've noticed that my N600 Wireless dual band gigabit router has become quite slow.

The slowdown may have nothing to do with firmware. Your router dates back to 2009.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: Router firmware .iso file is damaged. WNDR3700v1 — N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

@Christ2 wrote:

I checked website for firmware updates and downloaded the latest version. However when i unzip the file, it says that the .iso file is damaged.

For a start, it should be a .img file. (Maybe WNDR3700-V1.0.16.98NA.img) Perhaps your PC is recognising it as a disk image.

It isn't a disk image. It is the firmware you need.

Read the bit in the manual Upgrading the Router Firmware and then the section Upgrading Manually to New Router Software. (It should say Firmware rather than Software.)

Or read this:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

@Christ2 wrote:

So, i've noticed that my N600 Wireless dual band gigabit router has become quite slow.

The slowdown may have nothing to do with firmware. Your router dates back to 2009.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7