Router goes away for minutes at a time

bobdude
Aspirant

Router goes away for minutes at a time

I put this router in on Tuesday and it is getting quite annoying. The router will work for hours at a time via a cable connection. Then suddenly, it won't be able to find any sites - even google.

If I just wait for 5 minutes - everything is great again. I have installed version 8 and when I log in via routerlogin (which also goes away during these annoying outages), it says I have the latest firmware.

To make matters worse, another machine - also plugged in, will work during these outages - so it is simply that port. That machine will drop at different time - so the cable internet is working - the router is the problem.

Is there a solution for this besides taking it back to BestBuy?
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Router goes away for minutes at a time

if same lan ports work with other devices with the router than check for any malware on PC side or possible other hardware related issues on pc side
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 4
bobdude
Aspirant

Thank you for the response, apparently I wasn't clear.

When the connection drops on one port/machine1, the other machine (2) works fine.
When the connection drops on another port/machine2, the other machine (1) works fine.
So it appears to drop different ports at different times - has nothing to do with the computers.

Since we have now been using the WiFi = the WiFi connections also drop for periods at a time.

So, it happens on both wired connections and the WiFi connections. Installing xx.8 seems to have made the dropouts less in duration but still quite annoying.
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Harped reset the router bs test it out again
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 4