× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router problems

androzz
Follower

Router problems

Why does my router disconnect from the internet so much? The service technician came out and said that sparklight isn’t having any problems at all on their end, but that the router signal keeps bouncing all over the place and he said something about a piece inside the router could be the cause. What exactly would be the cause inside the router? Also it seems that the internet disconnects frequently, but will come back on the moment I go into the nighthawk app, but I also have to always set up the router again every time I go into the app like I did when I first got it and it tells me it needs activation whenever it’s already been activated before. Can anyone explain it to me at all? I have a new one coming in on Monday to test if it’s actually a router problem or if it is on sparklights end.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router problems

What NG router and model# are you referring too? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7