× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router won't connect to internet

Stella0503
Aspirant

Router won't connect to internet

I currently have an Airport Express Router and Extender. When I disconnect them and connect my new Orbi the exact same way, the Orbi says no internet connection. I have fiber internet and there is a line that comes directly to my Airport Express Router. If I have a modem, I can't find it. I do have something that might be a modem that is connected to one of my cable tv boxes since the cable and internet are from the same provider. I have unplugged it and restarted it just in case it is a modem. That hasn't worked either.

Shouldn't the Orbi RBK50 be connected the same way as the Airport Express? I have tried resetting everthing and have tried multiple times and have had no luck for 2 days.

Message 1 of 4
Stella0503
Aspirant

Re: Router won't connect to internet

Update..I had to go online and start the setup wizard from the website instead of through the app. I have an older iPhone and evidently that was the problem. It had an option to choose that my phone was not compatible and when I chose it, the setup worked like it was supposed to.

Message 2 of 4
smithtom
Initiate

Most of the setup is to be performed using the browser by accessing your router from IP 192.168.1.1 and then setting up your router properly. If you even again have this issue, just reset your router and use the web version to access it.

Message 3 of 4
sbpbrent
Aspirant

If the internet light doesn't stay lit once you have connected everything per the nighthawk app or the 192.168.1.1 direct login to the router, exchange your unit for another one.  Do not call help support.  Exchange your unit.  You should get the internet light to stay lit in order to properly run the wizard to get your connection.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7