× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SMBv2 on WNDR3400v2 for ReadyShare with USB drive

cmulrooney
Guide

SMBv2 on WNDR3400v2 for ReadyShare with USB drive

My USB drive attached to my N600 (understood that it's old) cannot be accessed from any Windows 10 PC in my home.  I looked for information related to the error I am getting in Windows.  I found:

In Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Windows Server, version 1709 (RS3) and later versions, the Server Message Block version 1 (SMBv1) network protocol is no longer installed by default. It was superseded by SMBv2 and later protocols starting in 2007. Microsoft publicly deprecated the SMBv1 protocol in 2014....  

...To work around this issue, contact the manufacturer of the product that supports only SMBv1, and request a software or firmware update that support SMBv2.02 or a later version. 

Anyone know of a workaround for this?  I'm at the current FW version for the N600 (V1.0.0.54_1.0.82).  My main network is the Orbi mesh, with this N600 connected via Ethernet cable.  I don't have USB connections on my Orbi, so this was the only place for me to plug in a large drive for doing local backups.  I have cloud based backup running on all the pcs, but it's nice to have the local copies, just in case.

Model: WNDR3400v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: SMBv2 on WNDR3400v2 for ReadyShare with USB drive

SMBv2 will not be added to this older router. 

Something you can do is to enable SMBv1 in Windows which may help here. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

SMBv2 will not be added to this older router. 

Something you can do is to enable SMBv1 in Windows which may help here. 

Message 2 of 4
cmulrooney
Guide

thank you!  I was thinking that's where I was headed.  figured that I'd check here first for options.

C.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation