× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Security settings for AC750 extender

pdxfunkjunkie
Follower

Security settings for AC750 extender

Hello Community.  I have a Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Router (WNDR3400v2) with two AC750 range extenders in different parts of the house. This setup has been working fine UNTIL we got two new iPhones and a new iPad.  The damn smarty-pants new Apple devices now complain about "weak security" on one of the AC750 extenders and refuse to connect to that one. Only on ONE of the extenders, mind you - and it's the older of the two. My router is set for WPA2-PSK [AES] which I'm pretty sure is the highest security protocol it can support. Here's my question: how can I access the security settings for the "weak" extender? And hopefully upgrade those settings. When I use www.routerlogin.net, it appears to show me only the settings for the main router and not the extender - even though I'm connected through that extender (using an older Apple device.)

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Security settings for AC750 extender

You can log into the router and look at its attached devices page. It should list the extenders by ip address. 

Use those addresses to access them. 

You can check the security there. 

but you probably have them setup properly and its just apple being a pain with the notices. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Security settings for AC750 extender

@plemans wrote:

but you probably have them setup properly and its just apple being a pain with the notices. 

.. and playing around with the technologies it uses.

@pdxfunkjunkie might find this enlightening:

NETGEAR Mobile Applications and Apple Devices FAQ - NETGEAR Communities

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7