Re: Setting up dynamic ip on dgnd3700v1 ?

theTechman05
Luminary

Setting up dynamic ip on dgnd3700v1 ?

Netgear is trying to troubleshoot my readynas device but since I have a dynamic ip (not static)address and only [readynas] netgear support seems to respond only once a day, it changes on them and their checks don't work:confused:. They won't let me talk to them on the phone since the case is an email case which makes this an irritating situation much like my open case with my dgnd3700v1.

This leads me to try and set up dyn ip with dyndns site(same company but not for dns). It would be my first time trying to do this and it seems there's not a nice form to set it up with or option to add other dynamic services to netgear.

Can I set up a dynamic ip with the v1 and anyone have an current procedure to do this. It would be nice if I could put it in and then clear it out when they are done.

Thanks
Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

dyndns should work but are you seeing where the update public IP on DGND is not sync with dyndns account at all?
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 7
theTechman05
Luminary

I haven't gotten to the point of setting up I'm right now noting I'm not sure where I'd fill in the fields to make my ip address to tech support doesn't have to call each time to get my new ip address.

Readnas remotes not working after deleting my nas from remote.readynas.com so they want to check my end (and presumably theirs at some point:rolleyes:[which hasn't come up yet])

Here the post if you want to hear about it.
Message 3 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

dynaminc DNS tab. refer to manual and sign up with dyndns.com
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 7
theTechman05
Luminary

So I use the same setup for dynamic dns for IP reporting? If thats the case this should be easier. I'll check back after I set this up. I just hope the tech likes that I'm trying to help doing it with this*.

*Remember also that I/future users, must cancel in 14 days or be charged 20$ for using this service.
Message 5 of 7
theTechman05
Luminary

That was alot easier to setup. registered with CC (you have to even for 14 day trial) pick an name and filled in fields on router.

Now if I can just read the tech supports mind or get him to support me when the router/devices are planned to be on (energy star or not I turn it off when I expect not to use it). I did the stupid thing and let him know dyndns was up before I turned off the router for the night and he was already trying to check in later that night:(.

I wish now for a quick and happy return to using my nas services:D.
Message 6 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Sounds great!
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos