× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Setting up old Netgear router (N150 - WNR1000v3) as wireless access point?

ChrisNS
Aspirant

Setting up old Netgear router (N150 - WNR1000v3) as wireless access point?

I setup the router as an access point and noticed in the wireless settings it still had Enable SSID Broadcast enabled and it's own default SSID name and password. My question is, since it's being used as an access point do I need to disable Broadcast SSID? It's showing up on my wifi devices as it's own connection when searching for a wireless connection. Thanks 

Model: WNR1000v3|N150 Wireless Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
wcalifas831
Prodigy

Re: Setting up old Netgear router (N150 - WNR1000v3) as wireless access point?

you don't need to disable broadcast SSID. You need to disable dhcp, and set a parameter of ips that the access point can give out to devices that is different than the router that you're attaching it to that way they don't give out the same IPs to other devices.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
wcalifas831
Prodigy

Re: Setting up old Netgear router (N150 - WNR1000v3) as wireless access point?

you don't need to disable broadcast SSID. You need to disable dhcp, and set a parameter of ips that the access point can give out to devices that is different than the router that you're attaching it to that way they don't give out the same IPs to other devices.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7