Simple Security Key Question (N600 WNDR3400)

Toob_Sox
Aspirant

Simple Security Key Question (N600 WNDR3400)

Set up was cake. Got the first network enabled and kept the password given to me. I enabled the guest network and also kept the password the same. I go to log on to the guest network (tried several devices) and they all tell me I have the wrong key. I triple checked the security key and continue to try but it always fails and tells me the key is wrong.

Am I missing something here? The original network worked perfectly fine and it has the same key.

Side question - if I log onto the main network with an iPhone and the guest network with the iPad, will I be able to do file transfers as though they were on the same network?

Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 6
Toob_Sox
Aspirant

Re: Simple Security Key Question (N600 WNDR3400)

I wish I could say I was either kidding about this or that there was more to it. Can anyone shed some light on what seems to be something so obvious? I've also tried changing the key and it still says I've got an invalid key.
Message 2 of 6
sabretooth
Apprentice

Yes, hard reset the router by pressing the reset pin hole for 30 seconds and release. Wait 30 seconds and power cycle the router. Now reconfigure it manually ant try again.
Message 3 of 6
Toob_Sox
Aspirant

Thanks, I'll try that. Once powered back on, how do I "power cycle"?

Any thoughts as to my other question? Wondering if I log into one network with an iPhone and the guest network with an iPad... will the two devices be able to transfer files back and forth? Or will they truly be on seperate networks?
Message 4 of 6
sabretooth
Apprentice

Power cycle means... power it off, then power it on.
Message 5 of 6
Toob_Sox
Aspirant

Thanks, sorry for the silly questions.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E