× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Simple question for any of those gamers with Netgear

driplpent
Follower

Simple question for any of those gamers with Netgear

I have the Netgear Nighthawk x4S TRI band wifi Mesh Extender Wireless mesh extender Model 7500

I know I'm going to get ragged on for this but I have the Xbox One X. Note: I used to only have a 66 wireless strength signal now I have a perfect connection, and very much pleased ! Lol, some people I have a better connection than that have wired, it's kind of surprising.

Anyways to my point, most of the time I have between a 44 to a 56 ping. Everyone on the Xbox community says oh ping has nothing to do with your wireless setup, which makes no sense.

Is there a way in my main router settings that I could optimize my extender even more than I have it now, it says it's enabled perfect strength, I read it has up to 2,200 mbps , I'm only at about 87 mbps , 2.20 Mbps upload speed, 100 wireless strength, my ping varies I notice, on my Xbox One on my Microsoft edge it says I have a wireless ping of 11 MS, I paid good money monthly and I just don't understand why it doesn't show 11 Ms on my Xbox One if not 11 ms at least lower than 20 the best... Any tips ?

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Simple question for any of those gamers with Netgear

tip? Don't use an extender if you don't have to. Every step in the process is going to add lag/ping to the connection. 

So going router---->extender----->device is going to at latency/ping. 

But of the extends to have, you have one of the best. 

One thing to keep in mind with gaming, it doesn't take a bunch of bandwidth. Its more about about the ping/latency once you get past a certain speed.  So if you're reasonably close to your router, you could connect to its 5ghz and test your speed/ping times directly off the router to see what you get. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7