× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow WiFi R6100

adorado3
Aspirant

Slow WiFi R6100

I am having issues with my wifi speeds. I am currently paying for 100MBPS and I am only getting 6 upload and 3 download.

Router Model: R6100

Firmwear Version: V1.0.1.22

I need to know where to start to fix this issue.

Model: R6100|AC1200 Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Slow WiFi R6100

lets first start with what gateway/modem you're using?

The speeds you're getting, are they wired or wireless? And if wireless, are they on the 2.4ghz band or 5ghz band?

Have you direct connected to the modem/gateway and tested its speeds? if so, what are they?

Message 2 of 6
adorado3
Aspirant

I am using MOdem Model R6100. 

These are wireless speeds on the 5ghz.

a direct connection gives me between 98-100MBPS.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

The R6100 is the router. Not the modem or gateway. 

What firmware is on it? 

What have you done to try and fix the problem? (factory reset, enable ipv6, etc)

Message 4 of 6
windowjoe
Aspirant

I have an Arris Surfboard SB6141 with a Netgear R6100 router.  My PC is wired through the router and all I get is around 9 Mbps download and upload speeds.  If I direct connect to my PC from the modem, I get 90 Mbps download and 12 upload.  However, my computer is 11 years old. Also, my ISP is Comcast.  I have tried everything.  I reconfigured my modem.  I updated the firmware.  My Router Firmware Version is V1.0.1.22.  Is my router just out of date even though it is rated for very high speeds?  Is Comcast sending a signal my router does not fully "understand"?  Is Netgear going to put out firmware for my router to be "up to speed" (no pun intended)?

Model: R6100|AC1200 Dual Band Router
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

@windowjoe please start your own thread and we're happy to help. we discourage threadjumping because it can confuse the OP's details with yours. Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7