× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow wired speeds through WNDR3400v3

CSmith603
Initiate

Slow wired speeds through WNDR3400v3

This morning I setup a new Netgear CM400 cable modem with Time Warner Cable and I am getting spees over the 30Mbps I pay for when I plug the modem strait into my PC. However when I plug the modem into the WAN port of my Netgear WNDR3400v3 wireless router my wired speed from the router to my PC drops to <1.5Mbps, Wireless speeds are actually a little higher around 2.3Mbps. Upload speeds are ~6Mbps which somewhat close to the 10Mbps I'm supposed to get. I've updated the router to the latest firmware (V1.0.1.4_1.0.52), but I still get the same speeds. I tried to do the 30-30-30 reset, but the issue still exists. I've also done a wired speed test from two different PC's with two different wires, so I know it's not a cable issue. Before I changed from the TWC modem this morning he router was able to provide roughly the 30Mbps speed I'm supposed to get, so this is only an issue since I switched to the Netgear CM400 modem this morning.

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
CSmith603
Initiate

I spoke with a friend and finally realized the piece i was missing. After I did the factory reset of the router it was acting as a DHCP server again as well as the CM400 modem. As soon as I disabled the DHCP server on the router I started to get full speeds.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
CSmith603
Initiate

I spoke with a friend and finally realized the piece i was missing. After I did the factory reset of the router it was acting as a DHCP server again as well as the CM400 modem. As soon as I disabled the DHCP server on the router I started to get full speeds.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7