× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

TIVo connection needs ports added

Ledzeppelin123
Follower

TIVo connection needs ports added

I have not had this problem since I have own my netgear C3700...

I got an error message on my TIVO saying my network was not connecting to my wifi... well, I know my wifi is working because I use my computer, Nest, Ring, Etc. and it is working fine.  In chatting with TIVO, they said it's a "Port" problem, so I should call my netgear manufacturer. I have yet to get a hold of anyone, It seems all they want is folr you to be part of a plan so they can get money... Hmmmm, why this happened all of a sudden. I guess it might be time to get a NEW router.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2

Re: TIVo connection needs ports added

@Ledzeppelin123 wrote:

In chatting with TIVO, they said it's a "Port" problem, so I should call my netgear manufacturer.

This is called "passing the buck". They don't now how to fix their system so they blame someone else.

Ask TIVO what that problem is and how to fix it. Then you can look at the Netgear settings and make the changes they suggest.

@Ledzeppelin123 wrote:

I have yet to get a hold of anyone, It seems all they want is folr you to be part of a plan so they can get money...

There is no phone support for Netgear. You do it via the support portal:

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

First you have to register your device to confirm that it is eligible for the 90-days free support. Start here:

MyNETGEAR | Product Registration

Start a case and, with luck, they will contact you.

After 90 days, Netgear does not provide paid support. It farms that out to GearHead.

GearHead Support

Or you can try to sort it out here. That costs you nothing.

Did you try this?

Search - NETGEAR Communities – TIVO

Finally, you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7