× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Terrible customer service

Kirkman126
Star

Terrible customer service

Just bought a new router in October this year. Went dead and I called customer service. Complete idiots. Ask fo ra US based number. They didnt have it. Ask for a number to file for complaint. Refused to give it. Told me I have to return it to store. I told them its150 miles away . She just kept repeating the same answer .Then she put me on hold and then hung up

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
Kirkman126
Star

By dead I meant all the lights were out and despite unplugging and replugging and turning off and on it stayed dead. I reset the modem by using the reset hole and no change , no lights whatsoever.  The tech on the phone said to take it back to the store,which I did

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Did you registered it?

Message 2 of 13
Kirkman126
Star

Yes Of course registered the device when I hooked it up

Message 3 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Have you tried Mynetgear.com and selected support & then select replace my defective device?

Message 4 of 13
Kirkman126
Star

I am doing exactly what their Tech "expert"instructed me to do. I already explained to them that I live 150 plus miles from the store. Im in the mountains. They insisted I return it to the store. In this case Costco. I will write Costco a nice letter explaining that one of their vendors, neatgear has a terrible product and horrible customer service. I have already filed a compliant with the BBB in San Jose

Message 5 of 13
Retired_Member
Not applicable

So just to clarify you did or didn't use the Mynetgear.com link? I only ask because I've used it twice in recent months without a problem, Both replacemnet devices sent to my home.

R8500

8 port switch

Message 6 of 13

searay has told you the best way to get support to replace the thing.

But you may be able to rescue the beast.

Tell us what you mean by "went dead" and maybe a real expert can suggest things you can try to breath life into your zombie router.

If you do want to attempt resuscitation, you'll have to see what model the thing is and why you think it has shuffled off this mortal coil.

Message 7 of 13
Kirkman126
Star

By dead I meant all the lights were out and despite unplugging and replugging and turning off and on it stayed dead. I reset the modem by using the reset hole and no change , no lights whatsoever.  The tech on the phone said to take it back to the store,which I did

Message 8 of 13
jerry66
Tutor

I found that netgear service was good , unfortunatly my router was 1 year out of warranty , but they did try to get it working . I t happens

Message 9 of 13
Kirkman126
Star

I was expecting more from such a large company but I guess they have a low service reputation . I checked better business bureau and they rate them a "b". Sad for such a large company. I learned my lesson.  Will choose a different company in the future

Message 10 of 13
Kirkman126
Star

I don't consider anything solved. You can label what you will so to pretend it's over.  It's not over. You closing out the issue unilaterally doesn't change anything . I drove over 150 miles on my dime because of your inept, rude customer service moron in god knows what country. You could have had ups pick it up and send me another . Some warranty . 

Message 11 of 13

@Kirkman126 wrote:

I drove over 150 miles on my dime because of your inept, rude customer service moron in god knows what country. You could have had ups pick it up and send me another . Some warranty . 

Do you have to be insulting? I always find that I get better service when I don't treat people like dirt.

You chose to drive 150 miles. There are other ways of dealing with warranty issues on line: some of them were explained to you.

It is a fact of modern life that customer support is generally hopeless. Netgear is no better nor worse than most makers of IT hardware. (Actually some are much worse.) It is down to the demand for ever lower prices.

No one can stop you banging on about how this crime against humanity was perpetrated on you, but don't be surprised if people take a less than sympathetic attitude to your ranting. We are help to help each other solve problems with our Netgear kit, not to bring the business to its knees because it refuses to treat us as if I we are the centre of the universe.

Message 12 of 13
Kirkman126
Star

Your right.

Its my fault that despite me explaining numerous times the problem, they hung upon me.I never cused, never was rude.I kept asking why should I pay the price of their refusal to pickup the item and send a new one within 60 days of purchase. UPS is such a new concept that it is unreasonable to expect them to understand the confusing concept of picking up and shipping to a persons house. Its all my fault when I ask for another number to call that they kept putting me on hold. Its my fault that only the one number exist in the Netgear world .I almost forgot what business they are in. Technology! I should have lowered my expectations to the horse and buggy days.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 19 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7