The absolute worse set up and information ever

Asusalways
Aspirant

The absolute worse set up and information ever

Wow what a piece of Garbage System. 

I have been working in IT for ever. I have reset this crap device, to factory defaults. I am trying to LOG in with the GARBAGE Nighthawk APP and the DEFAULT!!!!! Password and settigns wont work. There is NO way of scanning the code and verifing the ADMIN Settings. I am trying through Web browser 192.168.1.1 and it is ASKING for My first School and Sibling - I have NEVER entered this. 

You did NOT Include any Default Admin or Password information. 

I tried contacting tech support, and it went through a TON Of GARBAGE - I had to google on my cell phone a number to call. and been on hold now for 22 min. cant create a ticket when the wireless doenst work. But hey at least my cell works. 

My Asus lasted for 4 years, can access a HD, 3 SSID in it and works, thier service is always prompt and efficient. I purchased this NETGEAR because i got a surge and mine burned out. and i needed somethign to Just work. In stead i have been FIGHTING gettign this set up for an hour. This is why I stopped utalizing NETGEAR in Homes. It is a waste and tries consumers into garbage. 

Model: R6080|AC1000 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: The absolute worse set up and information ever

@Asusalways wrote:

I have reset this crap device, to factory defaults. I am trying to LOG in with the GARBAGE Nighthawk APP and the DEFAULT!!!!! Password and settigns wont work.  

Not sure why you had to factory reset the best router in the world (or so 8-) ) ...

@Asusalways wrote:

There is NO way of scanning the code and verifing the ADMIN Settings. 

The QR code attached is to configure the mobile wireless network name (SSID) and network key (WPA2 PSK passphrase) - not for any two factor auth or the like when I have it right.

@Asusalways wrote:

I am trying through Web browser 192.168.1.1 and it is ASKING for My first School and Sibling - I have NEVER entered this.  

True, following the factory reset anyway - some routers throw out random recovery questions even if nothing is configued. Pray nobody does guess the default answers.

@Asusalways wrote:

You did NOT Include any Default Admin or Password information. 

I'm not Netgear, but if you don't mind to turn your router around and check the attached label ... you find that it's admin and password (and no, it's not Admin or ADMIN and Password).

R6080 Label.PNG

@Asusalways wrote:

I tried contacting tech support, and it went through a TON Of GARBAGE - I had to google on my cell phone a number to call. and been on hold now for 22 min. cant create a ticket when the wireless doenst work. But hey at least my cell works. 

https://my.netgear.com/ can be ccessed from the mobile, too - for most countries, there is no Netgear support phone number published (and anything you find on the search engines is Scam, Scam, and Scam).

If the above information provided is not sufficient, while waiting for assistance on the phone, I suggest to get some documentation reading on https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6080.aspx#docs

Message 2 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: The absolute worse set up and information ever

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements