× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The many problems with JNR3210

Bong
Aspirant

The many problems with JNR3210

I’m surprised to find that there is no way to report hardware and firmware issues directly to NETGEART’s support team, but to discuss the issues only in the Community.

Anyway, below are the many problems I have encountered so far. With the latest firmware (JNR3210_V1.1.0.30_1.0.2) installed for my router, it does not work reliably.

1)  Attached Devices screen does not show all wirelessly connected devices

I have set up an access list to include my wireless device. While it is accessing the internet, the Attached Devices screen does not show the device. However, it does show another device, which is my other phone actually, when it is connected wirelessly, and other devices connected by ethernet.

2) The router does not always turn on and off wireless signal as scheduled in Advanced Setup page

While I have enabled Wireless Router Radio and also checked the box for Turn off wireless signal by schedule, the router does not turn on and off wireless signal as scheduled. Sometimes when it does (and sometimes it doesn’t) turn off the signal as scheduled, it does not turn the signal on the next time.

3)  The design of the interface of the Wireless Settings page under Advanced Setup is unintuitive and rather confusing.

1. i) After setting up the schedule to turn off wireless signal and having checked the checkbox for Turn off wireless signal by schedule, if I logged in to edit the schedule some other time, I noticed that the checkbox was unchecked again automatically, even if the schedule was actually in force.
  2. ii) I was not able to edit the turn-off signal schedule. The three buttons Add a new period, Edit and Delete would not work or respond at all.

It took me quite some time meddling with all those buttons and checkboxes, and the buttons on the front panel before I finally came to realize that the checkbox was unchecked automatically because I was editing during the times wireless signal was scheduled to turn off. Furthermore, the three buttons, Add a new period, Edit and Delete would only respond if Enable Wireless Router Radio was checked at the same time. This is definitely not a good design. The checkboxes and buttons have not been designed to work and interact in a way one would normally expect. I believe many other users will also find it daunting and very confusing to use the interface.

I truly hope that NETGEAR will improve the firmware for this router to make it robust and user-friendly (especially the wireless signal scheduling part, and hopefully add the ability in the UI to adjust wireless signal strength for their future products).

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: The many problems with JNR3210

Firmware should have corrected this but sounds like a problem with the hardware.

It's true that you have to reconnect your devices unless you made a backup copy of the settings and re-apply it after resetting.

Unfortunately, as for the firmware there will be no future firmware update on it since it's already EOL.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Bong

Welcome to the community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

This should be corrected by firmware reflash and factory reset.

Have you tried doing it?

Message 2 of 6
Bong
Aspirant

First of all, thank you for your advice to my problems.

Reflashing and resetting don’t work either. In fact, resetting gives me even more trouble, as my wireless devices somehow fail to connect again even if I set up the router after the reset in the same way as before. I have to set up wireless connections for each of my devices and enter the same settings again in order to get them connected. I believe its firmware definitely needs a revision to make wireless scheduling work again.

Message 3 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Firmware should have corrected this but sounds like a problem with the hardware.

It's true that you have to reconnect your devices unless you made a backup copy of the settings and re-apply it after resetting.

Unfortunately, as for the firmware there will be no future firmware update on it since it's already EOL.

Message 4 of 6
Bong
Aspirant

@ElaineM wrote:

You're correct. The issues are finally gone after a replacement at the service centre.

Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Glad to hear that it's now fixed.

Thank you as well for updating!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation