× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Transfer WNR2000v1 back up settings to newer Netgear AC?

preciousk
Aspirant

Transfer WNR2000v1 back up settings to newer Netgear AC?

I am currently running WNR2000v1 router, I have a newer Netgear router WNDR4500 N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router blah blah. Can I back up my old router config file and reinstall in New Netgear Router? I have alot of things setup and blocked and running media, Plex, rokus, computers, phones you name it and etc.. alot going on and took me a long while to get things setup (most stumbling along) and running smoothly, I just want to get better speed and to not have as much interference if possible. What can I do to preserve what I have now and then later perhaps change things to utilize the new router settings better? 

I have to say managed to set all this up and stumbled, do not remember most and again I am not an expert by any means and it could take my network down for a while if unable to save setttings.  All Input would be so very very helpful. I have the router packed away so I do not recall the exact newer model modem but it is a netgear with AC I guess you would say.

Model: WNR2000|Wireless-N Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Unfortunately, settings are not transferable across different models.  Write everything down or take screenshots.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Unfortunately, settings are not transferable across different models.  Write everything down or take screenshots.

Message 2 of 3
preciousk
Aspirant

OH that is not what I wanted to hear but thank you.  I was hoping I just clone my settings and just reinstall into new one.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7