Highlighted
Aspirant

Trek N300 - Cannot access USB Drives

Hi All,

I have this Trek N300, which I bought last year. I’m connecting a 320Gb hard disk (NTFS formatted) to the USB port, and I’m trying to access it from my phone, I have an Iphone 6 with IOS 8.3. On my phone I downloaded Netgear Genie, inside Netgear Genie when I go to “readyshare”, It prompts to the credential screen, when I enter the credential details it goes to an empty screen and looks like it is loading something but no files are shown ever. As an alternative I’m using also an Iphone app called FileExplorer, which automatically detects the Netgear router, but when I try to access the files in the hard disk it doesn’t show any files either. I have created a manual connection (by using the smb:readyshare , etc, etc, etc) with no luck. Note that the Trek N300 is running with the latest firmware.
Note that I’ve tried connecting a USB 4Gb FAT32 formated and I cannot access it either.
I know the phone or the application (FileExplorer) is not the issue because I have an Apple Airport, and I can access the files of the hard disk connected to the Airport by doing the same thing (using File Explorer) with no complications.
I already followed the instruction manual procedure on how to enable shared folders, and I have created logging names and password credentials just like the instruction manual indicates but it just doesn’t seem to work.

Have you come across this issue?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Trek N300 - Cannot access USB Drives

Hi @fer1805ea,

Welcome to the community!

That's pretty odd for it not to recognize even a thumb drive. By the way, have you tried accessing it from a different computer? You may also want to check the list of compatible HDDs on this link. If it's listed, try to reflash the firmware, reset and reconfigure. I would suggest that you backup your settings so it would be easy to restore the settings.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi ElaineM,

Thanks for your reply.

I did try what you suggested, it didn't work.

I manage to test the same setup using another Trek N300 with an older firmware (V1.0.0.13_1.0.1) and it worked.

I need to find out how to downgrade the firmware now and see if it works on my trek.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for that update @fer1805ea. To downgrade the firmware of your router, download the fw version of the working router from this link. Once you have downloaded, you may access the configuration page of the router and upload it. See this steps.

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements