× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Tried to bridge now no signal R6300

alan2121m
Aspirant

Tried to bridge now no signal R6300

I tried to enable the 5 gigahertz signal and I looked it up and said something about making a bridge well I did the bridge and wireless settings advanced in the Netgear Genie by clicking operating system then set up Bridge and I didn't really know what I was doing but think it's for two routers I only have one after I applied it in the router I don't have a router signal or Wireless signal I tried resetting the router but nothing when I plug ethernet cable into modem to my computer it works but other than that nothing please help
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Tried to bridge now no signal R6300

Please use punctuation. It's hard to read without it.

To reset the router to factory settings, push and hold the physical reset button for about 8 to 10 seconds until all of the lights flash. Then release the button and wait a few minutes for the router to reboot. You might want to do this with the router disconnected from everything except power.

Once the reset is complete, proceed to set it up as if it were new.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Please use punctuation. It's hard to read without it.

To reset the router to factory settings, push and hold the physical reset button for about 8 to 10 seconds until all of the lights flash. Then release the button and wait a few minutes for the router to reboot. You might want to do this with the router disconnected from everything except power.

Once the reset is complete, proceed to set it up as if it were new.
Message 2 of 4
alan2121m
Aspirant

Quick question I reset it and everything and it works now but it gave me a weird IP address and Gateway and I was just wondering is there any way to change it because it looks like 10.0.0.1 FYI thx for the advice before
Message 3 of 4
TheEther
Guru

That's usually a sign that your R6300 is connected to another router. Many ISP modems have a built in router.

It's not recommended to operate two routers in a home network. It can especially cause problems for gaming.

There are two standard approaches to resolving this.

1. Turn off the router in the modem.  This is also known as putting the modem into bridge mode.
  2. Convert the R6300 into an Access Point.  There is a convenient setting to enable Access Point (AP) mode.

If you choose to fix this, then you may need to reconnect some devices.  Everything should be connected behind the router.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7