James138
Aspirant

Trouble streaming music from iTunes to Apple TV and airport express with WNDR3700

I have been using my WNDR3700  to stream music to my Apple TV and airport express for a number of years so I can have a whole home audio system. All of my music is stored on a server, I control it by using iTunes on a windows seven computer, the AppleTV and airport express are connected to the WNDR3700 via ethernet to a gigabit switch. Recently, I have noticed that the music  has been cutting out and is sounding distorted. I thought it was the modem,  so I swapped that out and there's no difference. When I remove the ethernet cable and just stream the music straight Wi-Fi I still notice the drop out of music.  The music stream to my computer sounds just fine. I'm wondering if my router is going? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
James138
Aspirant

Re: Trouble streaming music from iTunes to Apple TV and airport express with WNDR3700

I just bought a new net gear router thinking that was the problem. Installed it and I'm still having the same issues. When I stream music from my iPhone via airplay to my Apple TV or AirPort Express I don't have the issues. Could the issue the iTunes? Any advice would be  appreciate it thanks. 

Message 2 of 3
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Trouble streaming music from iTunes to Apple TV and airport express with WNDR3700

Hello @James138,

Welcome to the community!

You mentioned that it works perfectly from your iPhone, for further isolation, have you tried using a different computer to control the iTunes?

In this way, let's try to verify if it has something to do with the PC or the iTunes installed on that windows 7 machine.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements