× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying to extend my wifi

Nensea
Follower

Trying to extend my wifi

TRYING TO CONNECT MY N600 WNDR3400V2 TO MY COMCAST MODEM WITH AN ETHERNET LINE AND DOING THE SET UP WIRELESSLY USING EITHER KINDLE FIRE OR IPHONE. Any help would be appreciated! I'd use the elite book I was given for Christmas 4 years ago but after I used it like twice my hubby took it over and now the screen is shot from slamming on it. SO I'm stuck with these.

Thanks,

Nancy

Model: WNDR3400v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Trying to extend my wifi

You should be able to set it up using an iphone. Might have to use the browser in the iphone since that routers so old but it should work. 

here's the guides, manuals, firmware for it: 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNDR3400v2.aspx

Message 2 of 4
wcalifas
Prodigy

Ok first you restart your modem by powering it down and then back up. Connect your wndr3400 to the modem by connecting the ethernet cable to the WAN (Internet port) on the back of the wndr3400 which is colored YELLOW. On the bottom of your router there should be the wifi name and the password. If you never changed it use that to log into the wifi. Once you're connected to the wifi type 192.168.1.1 on your cell phone or http://routerlogin.net. It will ask you for user and password. The user will be admin and the password will be password unless you had previously changed them. If you're not able to do any of these steps just do a hard reset to that router by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds while powered on and it will go to defaults. You can run the setup wizard to detect the internet from the modem once you're in and change the wifi name or password if you want. Make sure the password algorythym is set to WPA2 AES to get maximum speeds.

Message 3 of 4
wcalifas
Prodigy

the thing I forgot to ask you, are you trying to make it into an access point or using the wndr3400 as the main router?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7