• 13 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Tutor

Turn off wireless signal by schedule

I can't work out how to turn on the wireless signal during periods that it's scheduled to be off. Is this possible? Simply pressing the wireless button on the router doesn't work (I could be mistaken, but I'm sure it used to be possible to turn it on this way). If I create a wired connection to the router, the options that would enable the schedule to be adjusted are greyed out (they're not greyed out during periods that the wireless signal is scheduled to be on).

The router is a WNDR3700v4 running the latest firmware.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 14
Highlighted
Novice

Re: Turn off wireless signal by schedule

To set up the wireless schedule: 1. Launch an Internet browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the network. 2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com. A login screen displays. 3. Enter the router user name and password. The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive. The BASIC Home screen displays. 4. Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless Settings. The Advanced Wireless Settings screen displays. 5. Click the Add a new period button. Image 6. Use the lists, radio buttons, and check boxes to set up a period during which you want to turn off the wireless signal. 7. Click the Apply button. The Advanced Wireless Settings screen displays. 8. Select the Turn off wireless signal by schedule check box to activate the schedule. 9. Click the Apply button.
Technologies make work easier

Nazrul Haque
Message 2 of 14
Highlighted
Tutor

lurzan,

Thanks for that, but it doesn't answer the question. I know how to - and already have - created a schedule. What I want to know is how to turn the wireless signal back on during scheduled off time. As I said in the initial post, if I establish a wired connection to the router during off time, the options to edit the schedule are greyed out.
Message 3 of 14
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Its the main function for wireless scheduling. You may want to adjust the schedule but I guess want you really want is to turn it on in case you needed to have wireless connection within the scheduled time you have set.
Message 4 of 14
Highlighted
Tutor

minions08 wrote:
I guess want you really want is to turn it on in case you needed to have wireless connection within the scheduled time you have set.

Correct. And that's the question: how can I turn the wireless signal back on in the event that we unexpectedly need it during the scheduled off period. As I said, during off times, I can access the router's menu using a wired connection but, when I do so, the settings that would enable me to adjust the schedule are greyed out.
Message 5 of 14
Highlighted
Novice

Sorry, I didn't read your initial post in this thread clearly. Anyway I just check with router(R6300v1) about the wireless scheduling. I could enable it only after resetting the router within the scheduled time. So I believe it's not possible to enable the wireless network within the schedule time. I am not sure about other router. I will need to check with other routers.
Technologies make work easier

Nazrul Haque
Message 6 of 14
Highlighted
Tutor

lurzan,

Thanks for that. Good to know that I'm not overlooking something. It certainly seems like a peculiar restriction. You'd think that anybody with the credentials needed to access the router's management interface would be able to turn the wireless signal on and off at any time, without needing to do a reset.
Message 7 of 14
Highlighted
Initiate

I am experiencing exactly the same issue and unfortunately have not come across a fix for it and have come to the conclusion it's due to the latest Firmware?!  With my previous router (Netgear D6300) all I used to do was press the on/off button on the router to override the schedule.  NETGEAR please fix this.........

Message 8 of 14
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @fluidus3,

Welcome to the community!

What's the exact model number and version of your router? Also, what's the firmware version loaded on it?

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 9 of 14
Highlighted
Initiate

For turning off wireless signal, currently it only provide 7days a week for choosing. Suggest Netgear to add calender or import the public holidays so the users may planned ahead for the wireless schedle for coming public holidays / own vacations. 

Message 10 of 14
Highlighted
Aspirant

hello, I cannot see the APPLY button on the settings page, please help

Message 11 of 14
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello vijaydhage

Have you tried to use a different web browser sometimes this will cause settings to disappear when looking at the GUI.

DarrenM

Message 12 of 14
Highlighted
Aspirant

i figured out that and now the actual problem is the time settings in TURN OFF WIRELESS function, how to use it?

I will be on JOB during 18:30 to 5:30 IST and I want my Router to Turn off WiFi automatically, how do i do it?

it does not accept the given time, and says invalid time

Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

vijaydhage

here is the Kb on how to set the schedule 

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24055

DarrenM

Message 14 of 14