Re: Turning wnr3500l into wireless ap

mansoorj87
Aspirant

Turning wnr3500l into wireless ap

Hey everyone,

I've been searching google and the forums for a while looking for any type of relation to the problems I am having.

I am attempting to attach three routers in our store but I am having the hardest time getting a wireless signal out of them. I will explain my process below.

Our store has a domain server that assigns DNS and DHCP. I connected the router to a pc and changed the settings to disable the DHCP and changed the IP address to an unused ip on our network ( 10.1.1.7 ).

(I am connecting my router ap to a switch located on the first floor of the store)

When a PC is connected to the router it grabs an IP from the server and works great but the wireless doesn't seem to be doing to well. I cannot connect to the AP at all. If I do connect it doesn't let me connect to the internet. I have tried to assign a static ip but I always run into an issue with connecting to my router.

The problem I am having with one of my other routers is that it seems to love to take down my filesharing on the server. (what a pain)

Any assistance would be appreciated and I apologize in advance if this doesnt make sense.. I'm running off no sleep and half a can of red bull.

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

As long as wnr3500l has DHCP disabled and connect to existing network with LAN port out of 3500 then should work.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 4
mansoorj87
Aspirant

Right.. so I did the following
Change IP to make the networks ip segment
assigned it an open ip address
disabled the dhcp
turned the router off and waited 5 minutes
pluged it back in and things could connect to the router
But I cannot access simple websites such a google etc.
The blue light starts to flash very fast and i lose connection to the router and nothing connects
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/965

been you have own DHCP server first device you see may not fit but reset of the Lan to lan connection of the 2nd (3500 ) as AP setup should be same

sounds like it is and should connect and wifi device should get proper IP from your DHCP server
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation