Re: Two routers on one network

nickrf
Aspirant

Two routers on one network

Hi.

I have a cable modem connected to a WNDR3300 and I have a large house so I've installed a cable and added a second router, a DGND3700v2.

I plan to use the WNDR3300 for wired use only and use the DGND3700v2 for both wireless and wired use.

I know nothing about IP addresses and subnet numbers so I've used the defaults. At this stage the DGND3700v2 is showing as an available wireless network but won't accept my phone or ipad logging in. Also, the wired gear - Smart TV and DVD recorder - are acknowledging the network.

I read somewhere to disable the DCHP on the second router but it seems the TV won't register without it.

Can someone help me with trouble shooting please because I have no idea where to start?

Thanks
Nick
Message 1 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/965
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19852
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 9
nickrf
Aspirant

Many thanks indeed!
Message 3 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

You are welcome
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 9
Ellay42
Aspirant

Can someone please tell me how to start a new thread?? I can't find it anywhere and I feel like a moron. ThanksSmiley Sad:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Message 5 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Forum tools tab > post new thread
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 6 of 9
ecast23
Aspirant

I have a similar issue to the original question. I clicked your links but neither works anymore. Any chance you could help me out. I am setting up two netgear routers one is a Netgear nighthawk 7900 and the other is a netgear nighthawk 7000. I am trying to extend my network to the other side of my house. I have a cable connecting the two routers right now with one end being inserted into the wan port of the nighthawk 7000 (2nd router). i have named both networks the same and use the same password and it works however there is an issue when I try accessing some sonos speakers I have connected to the 2nd router. It seems that the second router uses a different ip address then the first and so router #1 can't see anything connected to router #2. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Message 7 of 9
TheEther
Guru

Set up the R7000 as an Access Point.  Enable AP Mode as per page 122 in the manual.  You may have to reboot devices connected through the R7000 in order to acquire new IP addresses.

Message 8 of 9
ecast23
Aspirant

Just the instructions I was looking for! Thanks so much!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E