× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to access configuration screen

anthgav77
Aspirant

Unable to access configuration screen

Hi

WAC124\AC2000

Firmware version 1.0.4.6

This device is registered within my Netgear account.

I started having wifi connection issues with this device after about a years use.

I decided to factory reset the device.

The default IP is now 192.168.0.100 or routerlogin.net, I've entered both in to a browser so I can enter the configuration screen.

A window pops up asking me to enter my Netgear credentials, I enter them in and redirects back to the router address and I get the following error.

This page isn't working 192.168.0.100 didn't send any dataThis page isn't working 192.168.0.100 didn't send any data

I've tried 3 different devices and 2 different internet connections but whatever I do I'm unable to access the config screen.

Does anyone have any idea of the cause of this or if the router is faulty?

Thanks

Model: WAC124|AC2000 Dual Band 4x4
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
indi-tech
Star

To be clear, disconnect the WAN port from the internet and then log into the WAC124. It will log in using the local login instead of SSO. You'll need to do that for every login unless you block the WAC124 from accessing the internet.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
indi-tech
Star

So Netgear's SSO is broken, at least for the WAC124. So the trick is how to acess the web GUI after Netgear broke it. You can still access the GUI after disabling the WAN connection, but then how to use the AP? Well, firewall it.

We used a Cisco Meraki MX to firewall the WAC124 and prevent it from accessing the internet. Just the WAC124, all devices connected to it still have internet access. So the WAC124's OS is prevented from accessing the internet and thus the end user is presented with the local login instead of SSO.

There you go, kick that failed SSO to the curb! Get your WAC124 back without paying support money to Netgear.

Message 2 of 4
indi-tech
Star

To be clear, disconnect the WAN port from the internet and then log into the WAC124. It will log in using the local login instead of SSO. You'll need to do that for every login unless you block the WAC124 from accessing the internet.

Message 3 of 4
anthgav77
Aspirant

Thanks your suggestion solved my problem but after a few days the SSO started working again. Either way my issue is sorted.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7