× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to change network password

pjhyd4
Tutor

Unable to change network password

Recently I upgrded my firmware. Earlier I could change my network password whenever I wanted. After I upgraded the firmware this is the first time I am trying to change my network password. When I type a new password and click on apply it is resetting to the old password. Somebody please help me.My Hardware version is WNR612v3 and the firmware version is 1.0.0.26 Can I downgrade the firmware to the old one?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
pjhyd4
Tutor

Sir,

My problem is solved when I downloaded 1.0.0.18 and replaced 1.0.0.26.

I got the link https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNR612v3?cid=wmt_netgear_organic#download  when I searched in google typing "downgrade netgear firmware wnr612v3"

This is for the information of netgear company to fix their bug.

Thank you

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
netwrks
Master

You can downgrade, but you should probably reset the router to factory default first and reconfigure from scratch.

Message 2 of 5
pjhyd4
Tutor

Sir,

I tried resetting the router to factory default several times. But, I still could not change my network password. I could only change the router password. I believe there is some bug in the recently upgraded firmware. I wish to downgrade. Kindly help me downgrade. Please let me know the procedure.

Thank you

Philip John

Message 3 of 5
pjhyd4
Tutor

Sir,

My problem is solved when I downloaded 1.0.0.18 and replaced 1.0.0.26.

I got the link https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNR612v3?cid=wmt_netgear_organic#download  when I searched in google typing "downgrade netgear firmware wnr612v3"

This is for the information of netgear company to fix their bug.

Thank you

Message 4 of 5
netwrks
Master

In the future.. You can find downloads, at the top right of this page..

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7