Unable to change the ldefault an port

Shaded
Aspirant

Unable to change the ldefault an port

Hi Folsk

I have a DGND3700v2 and for some reason when I want to change the default 192.168.0.1 LAN ip address of the router and change it to, for example, 192.168.0.10, it just says invalid IP. ANy idea why this is?

Message 1 of 4

Re: Unable to change the ldefault an port

@Shaded wrote:

Hi Folsk

I have a DGND3700v2 and for some reason when I want to change the default 192.168.0.1 LAN ip

Any particular reason why you want to do this? The defaults work for most people and changing it can cause problems.

How are you going about this and what messages do you see in the process?

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

DSL Modems & Routers

No need to repost there, unless you want to – that will just clutter up the place with duplicated messages – but you might find advice related to your hardware.

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
Shaded
Aspirant

Hi Michael

Thank you so much for the reply. So basically I got another router and want to use my older one as an expansion with its lan slots.

So my older router will be 192.168.0.2 and my new one will be 192.168.0.1 (this one has the internet connection)

Message 3 of 4

I thought it might be something like that, which is why I asked.

You are going about it in the wrong way. If you already have a router then you should use the DGND3700v2 as a wireless access point. (Don't worry, it will also support the spare ports.)

The manual explains how to go about it. See link above.

Be warned that the LAN ports on the old devices are stuck at 100 Mbps. The new one is probably 1000 Mbps. 

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements