Unable to connect to MySQL

KOwl64
Aspirant

Unable to connect to MySQL

Hello,

I used to have a WND2000 and upgraded because of VoIP problems. However everything else was working, I have attempted to copy that same config as the original route but with my new WNDR4000 I have lost the ability to connect to the MySQL database running on my server pc. It's IP is 192.168.1.3 and I can ping it, I can move files to and from it without problms but I can not connect to the data base, anyone got any ideas please?

BTW if I revert to the old route everything working again except the VoIP phone.

Regards,

Paul
Message 1 of 12
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Unable to connect to MySQL

same LAN subnet?

192.168.1.x?
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 12
KOwl64
Aspirant

Yes, the software sits on 192.168.1.3 and I click the link to run the software. This parts works, but the software then connects to MySQL service on 192.168.1.3 but it can't find it, yet it is running.
Message 3 of 12
fordem
Mentor

You cannot connect from where?

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day
Teach a man to fish, feed him for life.
Message 4 of 12
KOwl64
Aspirant

fordem wrote:
You cannot connect from where?

From anywhere within my network.

The pc 192.168.1.3 can access the MYSQL database, however any other pc can not. Yet I can ping the pc and even drop files onto the drives of this pc but accessing the database simply stops since I have installed this router.

Regards,

Paul
Message 5 of 12
fordem
Mentor

From anywhere WITHIN your network.

The router does not play a significant role in LAN~LAN communications and the probability is that it is not the cause of your problem.

Let's look at a couple of other things...

1 - does the new router use the same ip network range as the old one?
2 - how is the ip address of your MYSQL server PC set? DHCP reservation or static ip address?

Message 6 of 12
AntonioCS
Aspirant

Hey! I just found this post via google and I am having the exact same problem. The LAN subnet is 192.168.0.x but apart from that every thing is the same. I can ssh to my server, ping it, view html pages, manage mysql via the phpmyadmin page, but every time I try to login to mysql (using heidisql) I get the error "Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 0" My pc ip is 192.168.0.2 and my server ip is 192.168.0.4 (virtual box running ubuntu server with static ip) Just a quick note: I moved from a place where (besides having another router) the subnet was 192.168.1.x and everything worked fine, there were no problems with the windows firewall.
Message 7 of 12
fordem
Mentor

I assume you read where I said the router does nor play a role in LAN~LAN communications? I would suggest you try using the 192.168.1.x subnet and see what effect that has.

Message 8 of 12
AntonioCS
Aspirant

I didn't miss that, but what I can't think of any other thing that changed. No rules to the firewall were added. Nothing was changed in the server. The only thing is the router.

I can't change to 192.168.1.x, I am getting the same problem described here: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1509397
Message 9 of 12
fordem
Mentor

Set a static address on the SQL server to 192.168.1.x, set a static address on a client to 192.168.1.y - can you now login to MySQL (please note that at this point you will not have internet access) ?

If your answer is yes, the problem is not the router but rather one of access control, most likely within the MySQL configuration.

What I am trying to get you to understand, both you & the original poster), is that the router does not play a part in LAN~LAN communications, and therefore it is extremely unlikely that it is the cause of your problem, even if it is the only thing that was changed.

Message 10 of 12
AntonioCS
Aspirant

As I mentioned I cannot chnage the ip of the subnet to 192.168.1. The router saves that range to the Guest network even when the guest work is disabled, which is the case.

The server does have a static ip address (192.168.0.4). The client (my pc) is dhcp but I will try and change it to a static ip
Message 11 of 12
fordem
Mentor

I'm no longer asking you to change the subnet - I'm asking you to set two devices to static addresses within the 192.168.1.x network range - they won't be able to communicate with anything else in the network, but, as long as they can communicate with one another, then that should be enough to prove the point.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E