× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to get updated firmware ver 1.0.0.42 into the WNR2000v5 router, N300 WiFi router

kaboomsmom
Aspirant

Unable to get updated firmware ver 1.0.0.42 into the WNR2000v5 router, N300 WiFi router

I've done the following, after extracting the file, which is: WNR2000v5-V1.0.0.42.img and was extracted to my hard drive PC running Windows 7) as well I placed it onto my desktop so it's easy to get to. My WNR2000v5 is currently at ver 1.0.0.34

****Until I get to here (Below):  I do not see a Browse tab or or field or ?. Where do I go to see/choose Browse?  I've also tried to update the router's firmware by using NetGear Genie, again, failed to upgrade "Failed to get firmware version information" 

• Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded.
  • Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step.

I also tried getting into the router via the Browser and using the Firware Upgrade Assistant. Just sits and spins endlessly, saying: "Please wait a moment" are 30 minutes too long to wait? UG!

How the heck can I get this into my router? I've tried this multiple times. This is the most difficult, convoluted firmware update I've ever encountered.

Please help,

Cindy

o

Model: WNR1000v3|Wireless Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
kaboomsmom
Aspirant

Re: Unable to get updated firmware ver 1.0.0.42 into the WNR2000v5 router, N300 WiFi router

I finally got the download done. It was the adaware program interfering with the download. Thank you for your response...

Cindy

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to get updated firmware ver 1.0.0.42 into the WNR2000v5 router, N300 WiFi router

Welcome to the community, @kaboomsmom

Can you post a screenshot of the window you see?

You can manually upload the firmware by following the steps below. 

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router?

Message 2 of 4
kaboomsmom
Aspirant

I finally got the download done. It was the adaware program interfering with the download. Thank you for your response...

Cindy

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're very welcome and thank you for the update!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7